Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 16

So I got the package and the cinnamon rolls were all moldy but we used the frosting drizzle stuff for the muffins you sent from way back when that I just now finally used this morning for B-fast at a members house. It was great. But we'll just have to do some baking when I get home. I'm not really that good anymore which is disappointing but I guess all I'm good for is traching in Samoan and baptizing people. But hey that'll be fine for a but longer. :) 
Super glad you found your packet. Now when I get back we can go and save our ancestors!!! :) Schwenke will be so proud of us mommy Jones! :) 
As far as the week and the things we did we made a lot of progress for the week in getting on the same page with the branch and the stake because it seemed to be for the last 3 weeks they were all just waiting on us to tell them what to do and how to share the gospel which we're happy to do but its not the way that it should be with only a six week program. so we had a bunch of meetings and we invited a lot of leaders to repent and get moving on their quorums and classes so now the work is actually going to start moving the way it should. We should be going out with the elders quorum president every evening to work on the foundation of this ward, aka the Priesthood brethren. there are so many men ready they just haven't been given callings or invitations to make their priesthood and worthiness important to them.
Its gonna be a close one because really no one is moving the way they should every one says their waiting on someone else and I just keep thinking the church isn't about waiting its about doing... frustrating but I'm learning a lot about how the church is run and seeing the importance of having good leadership and many other things but that's the week. Sister Silao gave us some nice thick blankets so the weather doesn't really bug us anymore. plus I think we're getting used to it. The cold is because were on top of the mountain and it rains 75% of the time and the other 25% its cloud cover. Its pretty great though because its not just blazing hot. Very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment